Sunday, August 22, 2010

Would you advise a membrane sweep?

I am almost 40 weeks and have been offered 1 at next appointment any advise?Would you advise a membrane sweep?
hey, i had 3 done with my pregnancy 2 in the hospital and one at a midwife appointment they didnt work for me but everyones different i had one at 37 weeks one at 40 weeks and one at 41 weeks and i had to be induced. there not painfull i didnt even realise she had done the first 2 it honestly just felt like a smear test. if they have ever checked your cervix to see if it was dilated thats exactly how it feels dosnt hurt that much it is painfull but honestly trust me when i say this you have to BREATH dont think about it when there doing it just take big deep breaths and it wont be as painfull. it helped me. but anyway if i was you id go for it if you feel ready to have your baby now it might work but it might not if it works then great but if it dosnt work then you will have to be induced. good luck hope this helpsWould you advise a membrane sweep?
hey there, i would hold of if i was you for about a week to see if you can get things started naturally. I had 3 of these with my first pregnancy, they were not very comfortable to have and the third one made me bleed a little... and i still had to be induced. Good luck x
i had one done at 38 weeks and went into labor at 39 weeks exactly, i dunno if the sweep helped or if it was just time...but its not painful, its just like a pap with a little pressure. good luck
It works and it doesn't hurt that bad. Come on ladies! If you are getting ready to go into labor a membrane sweep is no big deal. It worked for me. I had it done with 2 of my kids.
I had two, the second one we followed with sex, and labour started that night. They dont hurt, its more uncomfortable. Best of luck, soon you'll be a mummy!
Yes, they hurt but usually labor fallows pretty quickly. Best Luck
Yep, worked to put me into labor the same day!
its up to you they can hurt but it could bring on labour x

No comments:

Post a Comment