Sunday, August 22, 2010

I asked the question about how to install printer without the disc.i took the ppls advise and it still wont wo

it says that it wasnt installed because the wizard cant find it.im really frustrated.any other suggestions??????????????????I asked the question about how to install printer without the disc.i took the ppls advise and it still wont wo
Ok...


What is your printers name


What operating system are you using (windows xp, vista, etc.)





If you can get those for me, i can make you a guide...


email me! blizbiggy@yahoo.comI asked the question about how to install printer without the disc.i took the ppls advise and it still wont wo
Is your printer connected with a USB cable? Sometimes when I install printers with a USB connection it works better if I install the drivers before plugging it in. Also, visit the printer manufacturer's website. They will have the drivers you need for your printer for..(get this).. FREE. They want you to have the right drivers. If you do those two things your printer will work.
I am not privvy to your first question so i do not know what you were told...





Download the drivers and/or software from the manufacturer of the printer. The installation software should guide you thru the process and at some point will tell you to plug in the printer .. (i am speaking of HP printers thru a usb port) this depends obviously on what brand of printer you use.





If you are attempting to use the windows add printer wizard then I would try the above approach first... the windows wizard is meant to be used with drivers only.. and you are supposed to point the wizard to where the drivers are and then reboot and the device should be detected... but as I stated above.. most vendors like HP require their own software and process.





If this does not help.. I recommend you contact the technical support number for the manufacturer and/or check their websites FAQ pages.





Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment