Monday, August 23, 2010

Wasps i have a phobia please advise me o good deterrents?

I honestly do drive my family crazy but not long till summer time now and only thing that use to stop them from attacking me lol was wasp away and they no longer sell it any other good products to use thank you for any replies :)Wasps i have a phobia please advise me o good deterrents?
I still use the old fashioned jam in a jar method.


I read somewhere years ago that B vitamins (brewers yeast or B complex) stops you from smelling sweet.


Also avoid sweet smelling perfume etc.


I have a net screen at the back door in summer and hang a piece of material with a few drops of eucalyptus oil by the door. as a deterrent to flies, but it seems to work for wasps as well.





The keeping still doesn't always work. I once had one settle on my arm, I sat there calmly waiting for it to go, which it did eventually but not before stinging me first - that was when I discovered I was allergic to the little whatsits. Doctor said they like sweet things! It's not just fruit and sugary stuff but wasps are fond of pork as well which is similar to human flesh apparently.Wasps i have a phobia please advise me o good deterrents?
My Mum used to fill almost empty jars of jam with water and leave them by any open windows - any wasps that came in the house really went for those and soon drowned. It also helps to have the aerosol 'WaspEeze' handy, as it does take away the pain of a sting instantly. And then, yes, keeping calm really is the best way to avoid getting stung! Happy summer!
Cover yourself with Jam and sit in the garden.
Buy wasp traps.....they really do work.





You can get them at most garden centres. You put a bit of juice or pop with a tiny drop of liquid detergent in it to attract the wasps, they fly in there, can't get out %26amp; they drown.





The only icky part is emptying it when it gets full. Never let it get too full or live ones will be in there walking around on their dead relatives. I just take it down - set it in the back of the garden %26amp; hose it out so I barely have to touch it til its empty.





Put the traps away from where you spend time but in the sun...they'll find it.
Drench nest in petrol and add one lit match
I am petrified of them too!





Instead of a deterrent, use a decoy.





Get an empty jam jar and half fill with a sweet lager. Put the jam jar lid on with a hole large enough to just fit a wasp through.





Put the jar away from where you are, but not too far obviously.





Wasps love the beer. They go in through the hole in the lid, drop in the beer and drown very happy wasps.
just sit still, the will only sting if they feel affraid.
I too have this phobia so am answering in the hope that someone has a good answer
SPHEKSOPHOBIA is the fear of wasps and I am a fellow sufferer.


The best thing I have found is.... legs!





Run away from them as fast as you can!





They are evil creatures that have 4 foot long stings and a radar that pulls them toward people like us!





AAAAAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!
Jam jars only attract wasps and bees, buy a good wasp killer.


Wasps will not normally harm you until the Autumn when they are starting to die off, they eat the rotten and fermenting fruit and basically get drunk, which is why they go mental and sting.
  • facial treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment