Thursday, July 29, 2010

Why do some people blow a gasket, when I advise strangers to ';Come to Jesus';?

Cause you put them under too much pressure and the gasket's seal gets busted. I didn't think you were Jesus, but, since I'm no Christian, what do I really know. The Christians are the know-it-alls or at least they tell me that. Blah on the tards who don't like my answer.Why do some people blow a gasket, when I advise strangers to ';Come to Jesus';?
I don't know who you are telling to ';come to Jesus';, so I can't answer for everyone. But I know that I am one of the people who sometimes ';blows a gasket'; at this sort of thing, so I will try to answer for myself (I am a Jew).





I recognize that ';spreading the word'; is an important part of the Christian faith, but it is feels very strange to me. Partly that is because Jews don't seek out converts, but also because I know that Christians and Christian churches are very welcoming of people who want to experience the faith.





I also feel somewhat insulted- the speaker might not know that that is what he is doing, but by telling me to ';come to Jesus'; he is telling me to abandon the faith of my fathers. I would never do such a thing, and I am hurt that a stranger thinks I would so readily turn my back on my culture, my history, and my G-d. If someone says something like that when I'm having a bad day, I probably won't think they are expressing concern over my own well-being. I will think they are insulting me and my faith.





Once or twice I have even felt threatened by insistent preachers. I don't know what your circumstances are, but tread lightly if you talking to non-Christians, because it is very easy for a member of a minority religion to mistake a friendly overture for physical threat. This is mostly true if they are immigrants from a country that does not have freedom of religion. If someone is bothered by something you've said, apologize for upsetting them even if you feel you did nothing wrong. I hope all of this makes sense and gives no offense.Why do some people blow a gasket, when I advise strangers to ';Come to Jesus';?
I am a believer in Christ but I imagine some people think it's unreal.


In fact at the last Catholic Youth rally in Sydney I was appalled at the ignorance about Him of even the media people covering the event.


So much so that I've committed to writing a book - a kids picture book on the subject. Hopefully, the parents will be enlightened too.


It wont be a DA VINCI CODE but ...!
Because who are you to judge where a person should stand in their religious views and faith.





The choice of faith is something that someone needs to come to on their own to be truly content. They need to find that will on their own, and then seek help, not be given help they do not want.
Remember how the demons squealed when they saw Jesus? It sort of the same thing.








Just make sure you don't say ';come to Jesus'; like Dolph Lundgren did in Johnny Mnemonic (1995)
Because instead of asking people up front to come to jesus, go to a street corner with the bible in your one hand , and a tin cup in the other and tell them that God loves you and maybe people will give you a gift.
Because they want you to leave them alone and your pretentious piousness pisses them off.





or





They are trying to persecute you so live stronger in the word. Dude.
Why do you presume to give a stranger spiritual advice?
It's like the Snake calling Mowgli to slither away with him.
Because rational people know what that REALLY means.
Because,





Get the hell outta my face.





that's why.
  • eyeshadow stick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment