Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Do you heed the advise that you should be eating 7 or more servings of veggies and fruits?

i see so many young families ignoring this advise wondering why they areDo you heed the advise that you should be eating 7 or more servings of veggies and fruits?
I really try to.





One serving really isn't that much. Most of us in the USA have a really skewed idea of what a single serving of anything looks like.





One thing I have really noticed is how expensive fresh, whole food is. When I was a kid it used to be way cheaper than ';convenience'; food, but now in my neck of the woods boneless/skinless chicken is $6.99/pound, broccoli is $2.49/pound, green beans are $2.99 pound, apples are $2.49/pound.





But I can buy a box of dry mac %26amp; cheese or a can of Ravioli for $1.





The convenience and low cost of crap ';food'; is tempting especially for those with whining children after a long day at work. It really takes self-discipline to eat healthy.Do you heed the advise that you should be eating 7 or more servings of veggies and fruits?
I do. I am pretty healthy. I am a vegetarian. Sometimes i just don't have enough fruits and veggies available so i can't eat as much as i went. and i wish i had more.
I heed my own advice of eating 14 bags of hot Cheetos a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment