Thursday, July 29, 2010

I am runnning a 1500 metre race in two days time please please advise me on how to do the best i can?

i have practised but i am very depressed for some reason this now takes me 9 minutes with me running non stop as fast as i can!! my dad says i am unfit because of this but i do excercise everyday.. are there any tips for the race anyone can give me please?I am runnning a 1500 metre race in two days time please please advise me on how to do the best i can?
If you exercise everyday, then you should be very proud of yourself. Your Dad is an idiot. Not everyone can run a 5min mile, it just isn't going to happen. 9min is nothing to be embarassed about. WIthout knowing anything about your training or expectations, I would recommend you start slow. When you race, you get an adrenaline kick that makes you feel FANTASTIC for about 10sec, then you crash hard and it makes the rest of the race very difficult. Wear a watch and focus on staying very relaxed and running slightly slower than your target time for the first 2min. After that, you can start to pick up the pace and finish strong. Good luck!I am runnning a 1500 metre race in two days time please please advise me on how to do the best i can?
Make shure u warm-up well for about 20-30 min of easy running. in the race start off by getting a good spot up front, but not first if u can't keep it. also don't get boxed in at the start. start picking-up the pace on the 3rd 1/2 lap. on the last lap speed up a little to a faster pace. the last 200 meters start picking up the pace and sprint before you hit the last 100 meters.





you should really focus on workouts. it will change the way u race. u can get workout plans off the internet or go to a running store.


i work at the Running Center in California. the best place to go for a runner. go to www.runningcenters.com





also my college coach is Morceli. who coached three olimpic gold medalists.


u can trust my advice because of my background.





Good Luck on the race
If you are running a race you should try to run an even pace for the entire race. Don't go out too fast because you will get tired and slow down. Don't go out too slow because you can not make up the time you lost when you ran too slow. Run what is possible for you. If it takes 9 minutes then run the first lap in 2:10. You can probably run a little faster than what you have been running if you run even. Just do your best, that is all anyone can do, you can not do more than what you can do.
You need to give us more details...age, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment