Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Please can I get advise on primary school teaching?

I want to apply to uni to study primary school teaching next year. I have been trying to find out what I need to do and am finding the whole thing very confusing!





I want to study it as distance learning as I am 26 and need to work full time to pay rent etc. I wanted to do it through the Open Unversity but they don't offer that degree. Is there any way I can do it mostly from home? How does the whole process work? Please can someone help before I all all my hair out!! ;-) Thanks! x xPlease can I get advise on primary school teaching?
You can probably get some of your GEC classes online. The education classes are much more hands on and will require you attend class. Also, you will need a certain number of field hours, impossible to do online. You can apply as undecided and take the initial classes.





Good luck!Please can I get advise on primary school teaching?
You may be able to take some course work on line, but you will definitely be spending most of the time in classes. Working full time is unrealistic. Teaching is tough, hard work. You will be mentally and physically exhausted after a day of teaching and course work.





By the way, you need to brush up on your word usage; as a teacher you are expected to set a good example. Advise is not the same as advice. Look it up in the dictionary.
You should do a search via Google. You'll get lots of information and you won't need to ask others to do it for you.
You can't learn about teaching through distance learning. You have to do Clinical and Student Teaching with real students.
I see you have been given some advice already, and someone has already pointed out your mistake re. the meaning of advise--you should correct it if you want people to think you're literate enough to become a teacher.





The reason the Open U doesn't offer distance learning for teaching is that it's not the best way to learn how to teach. For most of your training, you are required to be present. You really need to do your own research to find out ';how the whole process works.';


Here's the most logical site to try: www.teach.gov.uk





Here's another link that discusses distance learning and mentions that a mature student can sometimes work as a teacher while going through training:





http://www.internationalgraduate.net/ukt鈥?/a>





Candidly, if you are tearing your hair out over a little bit of stress like researching teaching programs, you'll soon go completely bald as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment