Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My landlord have not returned security deposit? 10 points for the best advise. Thank you?

She is the most flip flop woman I have ever met. She is all about money. I moved out on Dec 12. I have not received anything from her.





Actually, I don't really want the money, but I just HATE to let her take advantage from me and others.





Thank youMy landlord have not returned security deposit? 10 points for the best advise. Thank you?
Many landlords do this. They know that you will have to take them to small claims court and they hang on to the cash. It costs 65 dollars to file a claim. Send her a registered letter and tell her that it is illegal to with hold the security dep. Tell her you will pick it up from her. If she doesn't comply then take her to court. It is worth go through the process in order to build your confidence in the system and to use this avenue in the future if you need to.My landlord have not returned security deposit? 10 points for the best advise. Thank you?
You should want the money if you are entitled to it, take it back. Take her to the tenancy tribunal, they will help you get the money back. good luck
leagally they have 30 days to return your deposit...All of it, if they keep any, you need to be notified in writing how much was kep and for what reason. Send her a certified letter letting her know that you know the laws and request (demand) your money be returned with 7 days, if not you will see them in small claims court, where you could be awarded triple damages for their failure of following the law.
Why hasn't she returned it? Was the house left in a mess? If not then just do whta i did when it happened to me.


I sent my landlord a letter advising if i didnt have the money returned within 7 working days i would be taking legal action on the matter.


I spoke to the citizens advice who told me i had to do this first and keep a copy of the letter i made and send the letter recorded delivery so she cant worm out of it by saying she hasnt got the letter.


I was lucky as when i sent this i got my money back.


The next thing to do if you dont get any joy is to visit a solicitor and ask for advice on what to do next, advice is free with some solicitors. They may advise you to get a formal letter from a solicitor which costs about 拢30 and it will say if she does not return the money they will look to take her to the small claims court.





Good luck, hope you get it back.
Without knowing what state you reside in, it's hard to give advice on what laws prevail reqarding security deposit. State laws can vary anywhere from 15 to 60 days, where some states, such as New York, have no set time..only ';reasonable';.

No comments:

Post a Comment