Wednesday, November 23, 2011

May be addicted to pain meds need advise?

My husband just moved to evening shift and I work days. I have a 5 year old and a 7 year old and a 2 month old. After I had my youngest I wan on pain meds and I found that when I would take them they would give me a burst of energy and I would be able to clean house and become supermom. I was able to enjoy spending time with my children without feeling so stressed being the only parent and when I wouldn't take them I was so exhausted and it was hard to get anything done. I ran out and dealt with it and then my husband got some for an earache and I started taking them again. I am almost out and I don't want to have to take them to feel like I have more energy. It's not the high feeling that I am addicted too, it is the energy that it gives me. I am wondering if anyone knows of a safer way for me to get this energy or if anyone has been in my situation and what they did to help them.May be addicted to pain meds need advise?
Yes, you are addicted. No, there isn't anything you can take to get that feeling. You aren't supposed to feel great all the time. That's life. What you have with those pills is unnatural.





You can never take narcotics again. You need to tell your doctor that you're an addict. Believe me, you will ALWAYS find some reason to need a prescription and before you know it, you'll be doing ANYTHING to get them.May be addicted to pain meds need advise?
What bmac said is true. I work in medicine, and you don't know how many people I see all the time that are drug seekers. The best thing you can do is to talk to someone about getting off of them. It's going to be hard, I'm not going to lie to you, but it will be worth it. Your kids will benefit if nothing else. You may think that they give you energy and you are a better person on them, but they have side effects, and some you may not be seeing. There are things that will help with energy, but you won't get the same feeling you got with the meds. You need to work on your health, mental as well as physical. You can try changing your diet and exercising. This can give you a lot of energy.





Talk to someone now!! If not for you, for your kids. Good luck and I wish you the best!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment